Project 760 Productions

Your Interest. Understood.

Forums

Forum Home > World of Anime > Convention Ghosting

A9ent 760
Administrator

Convention "ghosts" are defined as people who attend conventions without paying the convention in terms of money, goods or services (i.e., promotion, video coverage, articles, etc.).

In your opinion, do you feel that ghosts are helping or hurting the convention by showing up?  Share your thoughts here.

January 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hugo

Definitely hurting the convention.  Not only does it create a real challenge for the Convention to pay its bills and hold future events, a lot of these crashers often show up so they can be punks.

If you're too poor to pay the fee, then volunteer, help out, and make some friends because fandom is about community, too.  If you're showing up to cause problems, find some other outlet like sports.  I play hockey and I know a lot of guys that would love to school you.

January 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Venus Benihime-Sama

I pretty much agree with Hugo. It's all about postitivity in conventions, and for the most part I've noticed that convention ghosts are usually the ones that complain the most about the convention. Now unless the convention has a "non-badge" event, ghosters should pay just like everyone else.

January 23, 2010 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1064 views - 0 comments
2036 views - 0 comments